Blue symbolizes the sky, representing ambition, youthful energy and a new growth that stretches toward.
Red stripe symbolizes danger, as the student must learn to control his/her newfound power.
This article is for a current blue belt student who is studying to obtain a junior blue belt.
Obtaining A Jr. Blue Belt
Topics you are required to demonstrate are:
- Formation Stances – ChahRyut (attention), Gyung-Nyet (bow), JoonBee (ready)
- Stances – Horse Stance, Front High Stance, Front Long Stance, Fighting Stance, L-stance and Back Stance
- Blocks – Low, High, Inner, Single Forearm Block, Outside Forearm Block and Single Knife Hand Block, Double Knife Hand Block
- Attacks – Middle Punch, High Punch, Hammer Punch, Knife Hand, Neck Chop, Spear Hand, Elbow Strike, Knife Hand Strike and Double Hand Supported Spear Hand, Back Fist.
- Variation – Swallow Neck Chop
- gahm-sah-hyung, combination hands technique and “taekwondo” poomse;
- WTF Poomse – Taeguk Il-Jung, Taeguk Ee-Jung, Taeguk Sahm-Jung and Taeguk Sah-Jung
- Dynamic Stretch Kicks – Front Raising Kick, Outside Round Kick, Inside Round Kick, Side Raising Kick, Side Round Kick, Back Raising Kick and Side Cut Kick
- Snap Kicks – Front Snap Kick, Axe Kick, Round House Kick, Side Kick, Back kick and Side Hook Kick
- Hopping Kicks – Front, Round House, Side and Axe
- Fast Kicks – Front, Round
- Jump Kicks – Front
- Flying Kicks – Flying Side Kick
- Switch Kicks – Front Snap Kick, Axe Kick, Round House Kick, Side Kick
- Combination Kicks – (a) Hopping Front Kick and Round House Kick; (b) Hopping Round House Kick and Axe Kick and (c) Hopping Side Kick, Back Kick, Hopping Axe Kick, High Round House Kick and Front Kick Series
|SPARRING FOOT WORK|
- Footworks # 1 – 6 and 7
- Two Kick Exchange Sparring (2 minutes)
- Fast Single Kick Exchange Sparring (two, 2 minute Rounds – total of 4 minutes)
- Attend Sparring Classes
- Counting 1-10 in Korean (click here to listen)
- Explicit meaning of “Tae” “Kwon” “Do” (click here for a definition)
- School Rules # 1-5 and #6-10 (click here for the complete list)
- Five Tenets of Taekwondo (Click here to read)
- Detailed definition of “What is Taekwondo” (click here for to read)
- Mental Education # 1-10 (click here to read)
- Student Creed (click here to read)
- 7 Home Rules for Children (click here to read)