White belt is the beginning of one’s taekwondo journey, symbolized as a blank page, or purity.
This article is for a current white belt student who is studying to become a senior white belt.
Obtaining A Senior White Belt
Topics you are required to demonstrate are:
- Formation Stances – ChahRyut (attention), Gyung-Nyet (bow), JoonBee (ready) – Click here to listen
- Stances – Horse Stance, Front High Stance, Front Long Stance and Fighting Stance
- Blocks – Low, High and Inner
- Kicks – Middle Punch, High Punch, Hammer Punch, Knife Hand, Neck Chop, Spear Hand and Elbow Strike
- Gahm-sah-hyung, combination hands technique and “taekwondo” poomse;
- Dynamic Stretch Kicks – Front Raising Kick, Outside Round Kick, Inside Round Kick, Side Raising Kick and Side Round Kick
- Snap Kicks – Front Snap Kick and Axe Kick
|SPARRING FOOT WORK|
- Counting 1-10 in Korean (click here to listen)
- Explicit meaning of “Tae” “Kwon” “Do” (click here for a definition)
- School Rule # 1 (click here for the complete list)
Remember that every beginner feels that it is impossible to learn all these new taekwondo moves and phrases. Break down what you need to do in small chunks and practice everyday and you will succeed!