As your daughter sets out to college, you’ve probably experienced a nervous feeling about her safety, wondering if she will be able to recognize and remove herself from a dangerous environment or situation.
The personal campus safety workshop will teach your daughter simple, practical and applicable skills to keep her protected throughout her life.
This workshop will be taught by Ma’am Kelley, who is a 5 Dan Taekwondo black belt who has taught self-defense classes at various schools, including Morristown Beard, Wardlaw-Hartridge and NJ City University (NJCU).
She has also trained cadets at the US Military Academy at Westpoint in Olympic sparring.
- Personal Physical Defense Tactics – grabbing techniques, alcohol & drugs, buddy system, blue light, campus escort, live shooter situation, reporting and calling 911;
- Small class size;
- Intended for College Bound or College Students;
- Eight, 1.5 hour sessions (12 hours total);
- Learn college campus-specific safety awareness tips;
- Fitness strength conditioning, including basic TKD kicks;
- Practicing positive and strong mindset through taekwondo tenets;
- Learn about leadership Skills;
- How to handle conflict management;
- First class will start on Monday, June 26, 2016
- Workshop training sessions will be held on Mondays and Wednesdays from 7:30 PM to 9:00 PM